Hospital and Acute Care Software
Access real-time patient medication history information for the purposes of medication reconciliation or medication management.
Surescripts Medication History for Hospitals and Emergency Department (ED) Settings service helps hospitals and EDs perform a more complete, accurate and efficient medication reconciliation process, a critical part of helping to reduce costly ADEs and the associated readmissions.
The service provides real-time access to the largest set of
medication claims and pharmacy fill data available, delivering a
more complete picture of the patient at every step - from admission
to discharge. This enables more informed treatment decisions across
transitions of care, helping to reduce the patient risk of
Surescripts Medication History:
- Delivers a longitudinal, 12-month view of the patient's medication history - providing the opportunity to examine patient compliance, improve adherence to existing drug therapies, and support decisions around new drug therapies.
- Provides extensive patient medication history information access by utilizing a connection to the Surescripts network through your preferred technology partner.
- Supports providers in meeting the medication reconciliation objective under Meaningful Use by serving as an external list of medications a provider can use.
- Supplies a robust set of medication information, helping to reduce the potential for drug duplication.
Download our product overview sheet to learn more about our Medication History for Hospitals and ED Settings service.
Please contact one of the following certified technology vendors if your facility is interested in accessing the Medication History for Hospital and ED Settings service:
- Axolotl Health Systems
- Emerging Health
- GE Healthcare
- Healthcare Systems
- InstantDx (OnCallData)
- MyTeleHealth Solutions
- Siemens Healthcare
- Standard Register
- Valence Health
- Veridikal Healthcare Solutions
- WNC Health Network
Technology vendors, contact us if you are interested in getting certified for the Medication History for Acute Care Settings service.
Epic customers, watch our webinar to learn how this powerful solution can improve the medication reconciliation process by electronically delivering the most comprehensive medication history at the point of admission.