Join the nationwide network of payers participating in e-prescribing.
- Reduce Healthcare Costs
- Improve Patient Medication Adherence
A 2007 Gorman Health Group study indicated that approximately 70 percent of the safety and savings advantages of e-prescribing result from prescribers being given access to patient medication histories, safety alerts, preferred medication options, and pharmacy benefit information at the time of prescribing so that they can make more informed prescribing decisions for their patients.
Additionally, a study funded by HHS' Agency for Healthcare
Research and Quality found that e-prescribing systems with
formulary decision support that allow prescribers to select lower
cost or generic medications can save $845,000 per 100,000 patients
and could reduce prescription drug spending by up to $3.9 million
per 100,000 patients per year*.
Surescripts certifies PBM and payer systems for the following services:
Prescription Benefit: Allows payers and PBMs to respond to requests for eligibility and formulary from prescribers using certified e-prescribing software.
Medication History: Allows payers and PBMs to respond to requests for medication claims history from prescribers using certified e-prescribing software.
Prescription Routing: Allows mail order pharmacies to process new prescriptions and prescription renewals from prescribers using certified e-prescribing software
This enhances the advantages of electronic prescribing through:
- Improved formulary compliance
- More efficient generic/therapeutic interchange
- Reduced administrative time and costs
- Enhanced patient safety
Contact Surescripts for more information about connecting to our network.
* Effect of Electronic Prescribing With Formulary Decision Support on Medication Use and Cost, December 9, 2008. Michael A. Fischer, MD, MS; Christine Vogeli, PhD, Margaret Stedman, MPH; Timothy Ferris, MD, MPH; M. Alan Brrokhard, PhD; Joel S. Weissman, PhD.