How will a connection to the Surescripts network benefit my practice?
A Safer and More Accurate Prescribing Process.
- Prescription Benefit services allow easy selection of medications that are preferred by the patient's health plan, that meet therapeutic guidelines and are cost effective for the patient.
- Medication History services allow prescribers to access critically important information on their patient's current and past medications from pharmacy benefit managers and community pharmacies. This helps inform prescribers about potential medication issues with their patients and can improve safety and quality.
- Prescription Routing services allow legible new prescriptions to be sent directly to the computer at the pharmacy of the patient's choice. Renewal authorization requests can be sent directly to the practice computer. Prescribers can then review and respond to pending requests with a few keystrokes.
- Enhanced Productivity. The reduction in pharmacy faxes and phone calls associated with refill requests, legibility issues, and drug incompatibility or ineligibility problems provides physicians and their staffs with more time to devote to patient care or other reimbursable activities.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: How can I prescribe electronically over the Surescripts network?
- Q: Is electronic prior authorization of e-prescriptions available?
- Q: How much does e-prescribing cost?
- Q: Are there financial assistant programs available to help with e-prescribing costs?